I’ve learned over the past few years that to be able to love others to your fullest capacity, you must first value yourself and know your self-worth.
Only recently have I began to fully understand the term “unconditional love”
I care more about their happiness without any thought for what I might get in return.
It is really rare to love someone unconditionally because we are programmed to be conditional.
We expect something in return.
But when it comes to loving someone unconditionally, you don’t expect anything back.
When you love someone, you extend yourself, every vulnerability you have into an uncharted territory with the thought that you want their happiness overall.
This is the kind of love that has no bounds and is unchanging. It is the choice to love this person no matter what is thrown your way.
You get satisfaction out of putting their health and happiness first with no expectation of reward for yourself.
There are multiple ways to notice when you’ve found unconditional love.
Here are some that I have noticed:
1. You can let your guard down with them
2. You demonstrate your love with both words and actions daily
3. You both value the art of communication
4. You can both be fully yourselves with one another
5. You feel at home with them
6. You inspire each other
7. They make you want to be your best self
8. You can tell one another the truth even when it’s hard
9. You put their needs first
10. Your partner encourages you to talk about your anxieties
11. You have respect each other’s values and boundaries
12. There is a satisfaction you feel when loving them, there’s no strings attached
And these are just some. I know there’s plenty more.
Life has been putting me through a lot of trials lately and something I have gained from them is the realization of how far my love truly goes.